Ethics consultancy for AI
In 2019, Apple launched a new financial service, the Apple Card, which uses AI algorithms to allocate credit to users based on their financial data.
However, a well-known entrepreneur publicly complained on Twitter that his wife received 20 times less credit than he did, despite having a similar financial history. This incident generated a great deal of distrust in Apple’s technology and its brand in general.
It is important to note that services based on emerging technologies such as AI or IoT can give rise to situations of mistrust, discriminatory bias (based on gender, sexual orientation, race or social category), lack of transparency due to the inability to explain the behaviour of algorithms, inappropriate treatment of people, and manipulation due to information bubbles or fake news.
In this sense, ethics for artificial intelligence is fundamental to ensure the responsible and ethical use of these emerging technologies. Companies and organisations must ensure that their AI solutions are fair, transparent and ethical, and work to avoid any possible bias or discrimination in their use.
At Balusian our mission is to help companies manage these situations and ensure responsible design of services based on emerging technologies, design that is aligned with core ethical principles.
Ethics consultancy for AI
How can we help you?
When AI-based algorithms have not been designed according to ethical criteria as defined by frameworks such as the EU or others, situations can arise that have a critical impact on the lives of users.
At Balusian we have developed a framework that allows us to identify this type of potential situations, evaluate the impact that this may have for the organisation and its clients and users, and define an action plan that allows us to minimise the risk through different types of technological and organisational measures. The ultimate goal is to ensure responsible design of smart solutions and appropriate adoption.
Experts in technology ethics
Balusian has a team of professional experts in the ethics of emerging technologies, who help organisations to define multidisciplinary teams made up of technical professionals responsible for the design and implementation of solutions, business managers, as well as third parties who may benefit from the services and at the same time be affected by unforeseen effects. Only through the implementation of ethical committees can responsible design that takes into account all points of view be addressed.
Por qué confiar
Te ayudamos a elegir el servicio que necesitas
- Información básica sobre protección de datos
- Responsable: BALUSIAN S.L.
- Legitimación: Consentimiento del interesado o de su representante legal al rellenar el formulario de la petición o consulta que el mismo realiza, o al contactar a través de cualquiera de los enlaces a correo electrónico de contacto facilitados en la página.
- Destinatarios: Solo se realizan cesiones si existe una obligación legal.
- Derechos: Tiene derecho a acceder, rectificar y suprimir los datos, así como otros derechos, como se explica en la información adicional, contactando con BALUSIAN S.L. a través de firstname.lastname@example.org o +34 618 905 641.
El interesado reconoce la recepción de esta información procedente de parte de BALUSIAN S.L., y ha leído la información adicional sobre el tratamiento de sus datos personales.
Información adicional sobre protección de datos
¿Quién es el Responsable del tratamiento de sus datos personales?
- Razón social: BALUSIAN S.L.
- CIF: B98699440
- Dirección fiscal: Paseo María Agustín 25 1º1ª, 50004 Zaragoza
- Teléfono: +34 618 905 641
- Correo electrónico: email@example.com
- Dominio: www.balusian.com