At Balusian we are looking for system engineers with more than 5 years of experience, with extensive knowledge of Storage, Backup and VIrtualization , specialized mainly in one of the 3 fileds:
- Virtualización: Vmware, HyperV, Oracle VM, Oracle KVM.
- Backups: EMC Avamar, Veeam, Veritas
- Storage: Dell EMC, HPE, Netapp, Cisco, Brocade.
The engineers will be part of a Tier 2 Support Group for a major International Organization
Scope of Work / Duties of Consultant:
• Administer the ICC’s Storage, Backup and Virtualization Infrastructures’ systems
• Provide technical support to the ICC Infrastructure’s users (host virtualization, connectivity, performance, troubleshooting, storage, backups, etc.)
• Support virtualization common operations (VMware, ESXi or Microsoft Hypervisor or OVM/OLVM)
•Manage the backup clients, schedules and retentions
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of virtualization, storage and backup services
• Coordinate the replacement of failed Backup, Storage & SAN components, and service restoration
• Create and maintain detailed technical and graphical documentation as needed
• Develop/update tools and scripts to improve and automate the administration of the Storage, Backup and virtualization operations
Required Technical Skills:
• Proved experience administering and troubleshooting storage arrays from different vendors (i.e., HPE 3PAR, DELL Compellent and Netapp, etc.)
• Good understanding and knowledge of storage technologies (Fabric switches, VSANs, WWPNs, NPIV, multi-pathing, Fiber channel, iSCSI, etc.)
• Sound technical knowledge of storage replication technologies.
• Hands-on experience administering fiber channel fabrics (Cisco MDS and Brocade)
• Good knowledge of VMware 6.x infrastructure including ESXi, vCenter, and Horizon View.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V and SCVMM is a plus
• Knowledge of Linux and MS Windows Operating Systems and Windows Clusters administration including multipath implementation and configuration
• Extensive knowledge in the installation and administration of Enterprise Backup systems (i.e.,EMC Avamar, EMC Data Domain and EMC ECS)
• Knowledge of Automated Tape Libraries and Tape/Disk Backup Management products.
• Good understanding and knowledge of networking technologies (Ethernet, Routing, ARP, TCP/IP, LACP, etc.)
• Experience in shell scripting and automation tools (PowerShell, Perl, Bash, Ansible…)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Hyper Converged Infrastructure or Software Defined Storage solutions
• Knowledge and experience with Oracle VM/KVM.
• Knowledge in the installation and administration of Backup systems like EMC Networker, Veritas NetBackup, Veeam B&R and Spanning for O365
• Experience supporting, HPE Blade and Rack systems, HPE OneView.
Required Soft Skills:
• Produce and deliver quality results
• Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes
• Communicate in a credible and effective way
• EMC Avamar, Data Domain or Networker
• HPE 3PAR, EMC storage specialist / DELL SC series
• CISCO MDS switches
• VMware (VCP or similar) or Microsoft Hyper-V
• or equivalent storage and backup certifications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with ability to prepare technical documentation.
• Teleworking, at least 2/3 days per week.